Monday, May 13, 2013

"Be Careful When You Try to Make a Name for Yourself."

My book is free today and tomorrow. Currently it sits at #3 and #11 in it's cozy little categories.

So why am I asking you to share about my book and who really cares...or benefits?

Well, first of all...I think it's a great book. It's the book I looked for for a long time sitting on a bookstore shelf when I would have an occasional Mom's night out. It's the book after my own heart set in romanticized 17th century England in a castle by a cliff. It's been likened to Wuthering Heights and Pride & Prejudice. What can get better than that? I mean, I could possibly live off of those compliments for the rest of my days.

So why am I asking you to download the book...and to share with your friends?

Most authors offer their books for free to gain exposure for their work. Many times they have a series planned and this generates a fan base and a buzz. It also gets their "name out there."

My pastor has warned and it rings in my head, "Be careful when you try to make a name for yourself." (Thanks, Pastor Mark!)


I really don't care how "popular" in the world's eyes I become. As far as I'm concerned, as long as my name is written up in heaven in that book known in the bible as "The Lamb's Book of Life," I'm set. The world is a fickle audience. I'm shy and not one to shout about my accomplishments. I also know the exposure puts my book out there to ridicule by a secular audience...when all I really want to do is expose it to a Christian crowd who loves a good romantic suspense book set in a mysterious castle.

But God wants me to risk it. And He wants people to know Him. He wants my work to glorify His name...and not my own. So, I'll take a few knocks. God knows my heart...and He'll pick up the pieces if need be.

So...why Free?

Have you seen the books in the top 100 in all of the Kindle store? Well, I have. Repeatedly and it disturbs me down to my toes. Some are pretty awesome, like The Great Gatsby and books by James Patterson and Nora Roberts. But...there are others...adult romance and erotica. (Erotica is not romance...yuck!)

So I'd like you to share my little book....to reach those for Christ, to glorify God, and to provide a clean read and options for "the masses" who don't specifically look for a Christian book.

Click to get Persistent Love FREE Tue 5/14 and Wed 5/15



4 comments:

  1. Just downloaded it! Now... Can I give into the urge of taking the day off to read it, or must it wait until the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...or at least to take a siesta. :) Hope you like it!

      Delete
  2. Good blog, Laura! You are so right - about the most important place for our name to be and also some of the so-called books that are trash. Your book is more than just clean, it has a message. It teaches good things in a way that gets it across to some who might not see or hear it otherwise. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Valerie. And thanks for reading Persistent Love. :)

      Delete