Friday, October 18, 2013

Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe

For my newsletter subscribers and blog readers, enjoy this family fall favorite! Tip: I usually double the streusel topping recipe.

Also, when I make this recipe, I usually make two or three coffee cakes at one time.

PUMPKIN STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE

Streusel Topping (Double)

1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter or margarine

Coffee Cake

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine (softened)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup Libby's Pure Pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9 inch round cake pan.

For streusel topping: Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside.

For coffee cake: Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a separate large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture.

Spoon 1/2 batter into prepared cake pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup topping over batter. Spoon remaining batter evenly over topping then sprinkle with remaining streusel topping.

Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center of cake. (My oven tends to take a bit longer, but as I said, I bake several at once).

I'd love to hear if you make the recipe and if you and your family enjoyed it. Please come back and leave a comment.

Blessings,
Laura

2 comments:

  1. I copied the recipe--sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in, Ada. It is the best recipe. I hope you love it!

      Delete