Thanks for visiting. Here are my top weight loss tips, the ones I've been using to find success (FINALLY, see The Candy Bar Story). I hate to say without much exercise, but I really haven't changed that portion of my life up yet. I do walk about 8,000 steps a day and use certain products from It Works! I love their products and am now a distributor. I'd like to help you start your journey also!
- Find a plan and stick to it: I have done many different plans ... ways of eating that have worked short-term, most not more than two months then I fall back into the trap of kid-junk in the house and not caring. I've tried vegan,vegetarian, fat flushing, Weight Watchers, and Keto to name a few. I have finally found a way of eating that I can stick with - one meal a day (OMAD).
- My plan: I eat 5 hours out of the day and fast 19. How is that done? Well, I eat at noon and stop eating at 5pm. I fit two meals in this time frame. This works for me at the moment. I know others who fast 22 and eat 3 and so on. If you look up autophagy through Google, this is a natural process God-designed to heal our own bodies. A great book is Delay Don't Deny by Gin Stephens.
- Supplement support: I take a multivitamin each day (It Works has a great one which is easy to swallow with a mint coating). I've always had problems swallowing pills, but not anymore. I also take my Greens which have 34 fruits/veggies and take away my afternoon sugar cravings!
- Water/bubbles: Oh water, you are so boring. I'm not in love with you. But I do, however, love bubbles. The kind in soda and ginger ale. Thank you, Jesus, that water with bubbles and light flavorings are abundant in most places to purchase in bulk.
- Plan your treats: This was a category I used to have here, but I kept it to expand a bit on the OMAD plan. With this way of eating, I can eat what I want within this 5 hour window, so I don't PLAN a treat anymore, just eat what I like, even if it's not the best choice once in a while. I'm actually kind of in shock I gave up eating the Atkins way (Ketosis) since I had success on it, but after hearing of OMAD and trying it, I was hooked.
- You CAN change your mindset: There is hope! If I can, an almost 47-year-old who is set in her ways can change, so can you. Read The Candy Bar Story, I was a junk candy bar junkie. I've adapted over the past few months to realize that I can still eat what I want, but to be healthy, I have to feed my body good things also. My body feels amazing, as good as I did back in my 20s (probably better) since I was a young mom of five sons. Also, give yourself a break! If you've had success and are being consistent, that cookie offered in the hand of a 5-year-old, specifically made for you ... eat it. I've had these moments along the way and as long as I go back to that plan with boundaries, it has yet to make a blip on this weight loss journey.
|Not perfect, but perfect for me. Working on my health.|
Skin and body are getting in line.