Monday, May 29, 2017

My Top Weight Loss Tips

Thanks for visiting.  Here are my top weight loss tips, the ones I've been using to find success (FINALLY, see The Candy Bar Story). I hate to say without much exercise, but I really haven't changed that portion of my life up yet. I do walk about 8,000 steps a day and use certain products from It Works! I love their products and am now a distributor. I'd like to help you start your journey also!
  1.  Find a plan and stick to it: I have done many different plans ... ways of eating that have worked short-term, most not more than two months then I fall back into the trap of kid-junk in the house and not caring. I've tried vegan,vegetarian, fat flushing, Weight Watchers, and Keto to name a few. I have finally found a way of eating that I can stick with - one meal a day (OMAD). 
  2. My plan: I eat 5 hours out of the day and fast 19. How is that done? Well, I eat at noon and stop eating at 5pm. I fit two meals in this time frame. This works for me at the moment. I know others who fast 22 and eat 3 and so on. If you look up autophagy through Google, this is a natural process God-designed to heal our own bodies. A great book is Delay Don't Deny by Gin Stephens. 
  3. Supplement support: I take a multivitamin each day (It Works has a great one which is easy to swallow with a mint coating). I've always had problems swallowing pills, but not anymore. I also take my Greens which have 34 fruits/veggies and take away my afternoon sugar cravings!
  4. Water/bubbles: Oh water, you are so boring. I'm not in love with you. But I do, however, love bubbles. The kind in soda and ginger ale. Thank you, Jesus, that water with bubbles and light flavorings are abundant in most places to purchase in bulk.
  5.  Plan your treats: This was a category I used to have here, but I kept it to expand a bit on the OMAD plan. With this way of eating, I can eat what I want within this 5 hour window, so I don't PLAN a treat anymore, just eat what I like, even if it's not the best choice once in a while. I'm actually kind of in shock I gave up eating the Atkins way (Ketosis) since I had success on it, but after hearing of OMAD and trying it, I was hooked.
  6. You CAN change your mindset: There is hope! If I can, an almost 47-year-old who is set in her ways can change, so can you. Read The Candy Bar Story, I was a junk candy bar junkie. I've adapted over the past few months to realize that I can still eat what I want, but to be healthy, I have to feed my body good things also. My body feels amazing, as good as I did back in my 20s (probably better) since I was a young mom of five sons. Also, give yourself a break! If you've had success and are being consistent, that cookie offered in the hand of a 5-year-old, specifically made for you ... eat it. I've had these moments along the way and as long as I go back to that plan with boundaries, it has yet to make a blip on this weight loss journey. 

Not perfect, but perfect for me. Working on my health.
Skin and body are getting in line.

Check out my 90 Day Challenge





Follow me on Facebook or Twitter for more encouragement. 





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take the dog for a walk around the neighborhood or explore the trails at the local park. You’ll feel better at the end of the day in more than just one way. forskolin gnc

    ReplyDelete