As I prayed and pondered for a solution, my eyes fell on a Christmas gift I received. With "For I Know the Plans I Have for You, Psalm 29:11" emblazoned on the cover of the unopened 2013 leather-bound Day Planner, I took it as a sign.
Each day since, I have used this book to "Plan my Gift". It's not boasting to walk in the gifting God has given you. Work it out...work it into your life. It may not pay you anything monetarily, at the moment. You may still be in the foundation building stage. Remember, the higher the building, the deeper and wider the foundation needs to be. What's your gift? Plan it into your days.
I've noticed general categories as I write in my planner. They include Service, Heavenly Perspective, Foundation Building, Walking in Gift, and Oh-no's (things that may not have to do with my gift, but I tend to forget and are important).
A typical day looks like this:
- Read Word/Prayer/Worship (Heavenly Perspective)
- Finish writing last chapter of _____ book (Walking in Gift)
- Read manuscript of so-and-so (Service and Foundation Building)
- Edit my manuscript (Walking in Gift)
- Work on Excel list for CrossReads (Service and Foundation Building)
- Read a few pages of _____ book on writing craft (Foundation Building)
- Feed and walk neighbors dog (Service and Oh-no)
God has increased the productivity of my days and has poured forth His blessings on my creativity as I humbly put all of my time into His hands and He directs my steps. He has, after all, given me a precious gift. Who am I to let it lie dormant to the hands of busyness, time, and a distracted mind?
Having doubts about your dream? Visit: http://theoldstonewall.blogspot.com/2012/12/dreams-and-doubts_3979.html